Monday, July 6, 2015

WTF!! Water leaking from the master bathroom shower...

I'm waiting for RH Service to call me back... because we have a leak!  Our master shower is leaking, but I don't think it's the plumbing... the shower seat as lifted yet again and I think water is getting through the crack in the grout, because our morning room opening is SOAKED.  I am beyond pissed and I'm requesting an engineer to come out because it's not an issue with the tile work, it's the fact our shower seems to be sinking... and I thought they water proofed showers now a days so that if water got behind the tile it wouldn't LEAK!  So now all the dry wall needs replaced and I'm sure the sub floor under the shower is soaked... I want a brand new freaking shower done RIGHT because this is the second time we've had to deal with this and this is the whole reason we built a new house so we didn't have these types of issues!!  UGH!!!  I'm just venting now... I'll update once I have someone come out to tell me WTF is going on....

Yup, that's water behind that paint bubble.....




10 comments:

  1. Wow! I hope they can get it resolved. That is something no homeowner wants to see. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NO!!! Sure hope this issue gets resolved FAST!!

    GS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! They haven't started construction on my house yet and I'm worried because i have plans to get the house painted before we move in and do touch ups after we get settled. Please post an update as you get this issue resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Rachael! I've seen your name come up before, because somehow I am friends with your hubby on Facebook. LOVE your blog - it has been so helpful to me! Your home is beautiful. We are building with Ryan in Kingsridge (Mars). Groundbreaking is supposedly tomorrow! Just wondering whether you (or anyone else reading here) hired a private home inspection company at any point through the building process. This is something we'd like to do, but haven't had much luck finding someone to do it! Anyway, I am going to take a look back at some of your older posts, too - lots of good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really surprising to see this kind of damage for a new house. I know that it really feels frustrating whenever things like this happen, specially when you have a lot of other things to do. Well, I hope that the water leaks and the rest of water damages are now fixed. And I really hope that this won't happen again. Have a nice day, Rachael! :-)

    Nathan Riley @ Steemer Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tamikka, visit the house constantly. We're building right now and I've already found plumbing leaks and a roof leak. Ryan doesn't care, they'll drywall and worry about it later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tamikka you are prob way into your build but visit constantly. I've already found a plumbing leak AND a roof leak. Ryan doesn't care. They rather hide it and worry about it later

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the update. I will definitely keep an eye on them, I think they have about 6 months of building in my community. I'm scheduled to close on October 26.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had the exact same situation with an upstairs toilet. The walls and paint began bubbling, I even took out and resealed the toilet, no luck. Apparently the pipe from the toilet had a hairline fracture, the plumber did a pressure test and found it. The problem was it was leaking for months, and the insulation, wood, sheet rock, all destroyed and needing replacing.

    Nathan Riley @ Steemer Atlanta

    ReplyDelete