OK, so I know I will probably get a lot of flack from you guys for not posting and being totally MIA the past month or so... but I'm still here! It's been a busy Sunday, just lots of family stuff and house stuff and birthdays, parties, cookouts, you name it! My husband and I just got back from a trip to Chicago too (business trip for him, shopping trip for me!) and we also saw some family out there too which was great because I don't get to see them often.
As far as the house goes, I guess I just wasn't excited to post anything, I was getting a bit of that blogger envy over all of those who were able to fill their new home with furniture and I'm stuck with an empty house, lamps on the floor and old furniture from when I was 5 years old! We probably won't buy anything until next summer, my husband doesn't believe in financing anything... other than a house... even that I think he wishes he could have just paid cash for but then we would be living in a cardboard box under a bridge downtown for about 15 years! So I guess I've just been a little pouty about it.... :(
Some things on my 30 days list that still need fixed after 60 days are as follows
1. Railings need replaced - they will be stained black cherry (instead of midnight baby poop like they are now!)
2. Grout will be redone in master bathroom where they patched it with the wrong color/type of grout
3. Shower seat in the MB shower is completely lifting up, we haven't used the shower in about 3 weeks :(
4. Rusmer is going to look at our hardwoods and try to repair them better than the punch out guy did
5. Our back yard is a swap/lake - they are re-grading it, my grass looks like shit because of that
6. Replacement cabinet door needs installed in kitchen
I'm still holding on to my survey, I want to fill it out only after these things are addressed, I mean it's only fair, how can I rate my experience before it is really over??
So, I don't have any pics of the house, because like I said, there's nothing different other than it's very messy! and dusty! Mr. Tickles loves the house though, especially running up and down the stairs attacking our feet! I do have some lovely pics from Chicago though, if you haven't gone there.... omg it is amazing!!! I can't wait to go back next year for a wedding, I'm going to make another vacation out of it! It was a beautiful city, I only wish I would have saved up a TON of money to do some serious shopping. I did get to go to one of my favorite stores, Zara and I bought a few cute dresses on sale. So here is Chicago... enjoy!