Sunday, January 6, 2013

Rusmur Selections... round 1??

So we had our meeting with Rusmur floors this past Saturday and I thought that I had selected what I wanted.  It was a lot harder than I thought I honestly thought that a lot of bloggers were just really indecisive but there are just so many choices especially with the tile!  I'm worried now that everything I picked out is too grey!  And I haven't seen a model yet with the Manchester cherry floors that we selected so I'm nervous how it will all look together.  So here is the run down, it's much more than we anticipated spending, as originally we wanted to put in hardwoods after we closed but we decided it was going to be way too much of a headache and probably end up costing way more and we just don't have that kind of cash on hard to do it all.  We do need to have furniture in our new home!!!

Main level:  Manchester Cherry finish Oak Plank hardwoods 3 1/4" plank with a lower gloss finish (I think it will hide the nicks and foot prints better than the high gloss and the wider planks was only 1k more and it looks so much more modern and will add value)

Banister Stain:  Traditional Cherry (I wanted something darker but all the dark stains look purple!!! I'm hoping I can ask the PM to use a stain I pick out, I mean come on, it's just a can of stain!!! it's CHEAP!!!!)





Mudroom, Laundry, and secondary bath:  Initiator 66178 Laminate flooring (I plan to do a herring bone grey/blue slate colored tile floor in the mudroom after a year or so, no need to waste money on hardwood were we will be traipsing through with wet and snowy boots!)

Master Bathroom:  Stratford Place Dorian Grey 12x12 on Floor and 10x14 on Wall and Listello East glass accent tile 247250 (This is where I'm nervous, I don't want to go too grey and I'm worried the tile is going to be too cool and feel dreary but I LOVE the accent tile and I didn't want to go too warm because I like the dove greys but I like to mix warms and cools together with a modern rustic flare so I think I'm going to make a second appointment tomorrow to take a second look)















Carpet Zone 2 (upstairs) Baseline Thornwood w/ standard 6lb padding.  We were advised not to bother to upgrade the padding or the carpet since the level 1 is basically the same and would just be a waste of money, this carpet will do for a few years and we will probably keep it until after we have our first child, we will let her/she ruin it before investing in expensive carpet!  I am worried though that it is tooo grey!  Again I am going to look at the other colors again tomorrow just to make sure, I don't want it looking like a cave!  Advise PLEASE!!!!

So our next meeting is the BIG one, the meeting with NVR to determine if this can even be all ours!!!  That is on Tuesday and that's what I'm most nervous about, our NVR rep gave our SR the green light just after looking at our finances but I'm still worried, we have no debt at all (not even a credit card bill) but my husband owns his own businesses so that may hold things up a bit.  So that is it for now!  Please send me some feedback on these selections!  I could use some unbiased opinions!

5 comments:

  1. We have the thornwood carpet and it's not grey. it's more of a light brown. we like it, but if you're looking for grey, it really doesn't look that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Rachael, just reading through your selections again. I too chose espresso cabinets and thornwood carpet on the main level and upstairs. I got Hickory Honey Butter engineered hardwood in the morning room and kitchen. I hope it works with the cabinets. If you get a chance to look at that blog I gave you the link too, they choose that hardwood. It is great to see how it looks. We did go with the 6lb pad as I didn't feel much difference between 6 and 8. We did finish our basement and selected Barn Owl, I think it was up one level from the base.

    DB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually changed the hardwood and carpet they let me go outside of the program and choose a darker chocolate oak 3 1/4 inch plank if you see the next flooring post you can see the floors I choose I want feeling any of the hard wood options they had at the price we were willing to spend, I liked some of the engineered choices but my husband didnt so I'm glad they let us choose something outside of the Ryan room I wish I would have known it from the beginning because I probably would have picked out my own tile too! I like subway tile and they didn't offer that as an option

      Delete
    2. I actually changed the hardwood and carpet they let me go outside of the program and choose a darker chocolate oak 3 1/4 inch plank if you see the next flooring post you can see the floors I choose I want feeling any of the hard wood options they had at the price we were willing to spend, I liked some of the engineered choices but my husband didnt so I'm glad they let us choose something outside of the Ryan room I wish I would have known it from the beginning because I probably would have picked out my own tile too! I like subway tile and they didn't offer that as an option

      Delete
    3. That is great they let you go outside the program! I like subway tile too, but my husband doesn't care for it.

      DB

      Delete