Thursday, April 25, 2013

Egress Window progress and new PM....

I called my PM this morning since I missed his call yesterday.  Good news is the new egress window is being put in and the old one is being filled.  Bad news.... he is resigning from RH :( Our new PM is actually his mentor so he said we are in good hands.  My husband is kind of concerned since it's midway through the project, we just don't want to have any delays or anything go wrong, especially with the egress window situation.  But, from what I have gathered over the blogs, this isn't that uncommon.  However, our PM has been with the company for many years, and of course with our luck, he leaves midway through our house build... :(  Anyone else have a similar experience??  I'm also wondering if now I have the same PM as dwtimes2 (initials of our new PM are BM)

Anyways... I will have some pics of the egress window progress when I stop out after work today!  I also asked my PM to give NVR our closing date because right now, no one has a clue when it's going to be!

4 comments:

  1. I am sure everything will go smooth with the PM. Glad they got the window fixed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear they're taking care of the window, but I agree it can be disconcerting the PM is changing mid-build. With the new PM being the mentor, this could mean there is good communication between the 2 PMs. As Summer and Kelvin mentioned, I'm sure everything will be fine. Us RH bloggers are like an extra PM anyways with how involved we all seem to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm not super concerned about it, and my PM did tell my SR "wow, this girl knows her shit!" and I attribute it all to my fellow RH bloggers!

      Delete
  3. I am sure that it will go well too. We have not lost our PM (and hopefully we do not as we are so close to the end and he has been awesome). We have lost our original SR and our loan processor through this process. It seems that turnover is not uncommon, but the train keeps going. Hang in there, Rachael!

    ReplyDelete