Thursday, April 4, 2013

How often to you meet with your PM?

Random question, but, how often do all my fellow bloggers meet/speak with their PM?  Ours gives us weekly updates via phone, but he calls my husband and he NEVER answers because he is a workaholic, lol.... but I just realized that I haven't met my PM at the site since our pre-construction meeting.  Tomorrow, my parents are coming to check out the house and go to dinner with us (and because my Mom wants to go to Home Goods and there isn't one around her, lol, which is the REAL reason she wants to come visit... JK!!! Love my Mom...)

I am just wondering if I'm being too.... lackadaisical (there's your 50 cent word for the day, don't think I ever actually typed that one before)??  I just don't have the time to really meet him unless I take off work, or wake up super early which I hate. 

On another note, we have our roof all shingled!  Anyone know the time frame for completion?  My dad said their house was done 30 days after their roof was done, but that would be WAY earlier than our original date of May 28th, we are also 2 days behind because of the egress window that needs moved... which BTW still is a work in progress, I really want to meet with our PM about it because it just seems like a crazy big deal to cut into and re-fill in our poured concrete foundation walls like that.

Oh, and for my new neighbor Darla, Your house is getting siding!  It's looking wonderful!  I also realized that I'm a dumby and I told you my siding was the same color, but it's actually Sandy Tan with Pebble shakes, but it's similar to the stone mountain clay you have.  Things are moving along!

11 comments:

  1. We've only met our PM once so far. I got a phone call from him on Tuesday but that's because I wrote him an email and he was responding to that. Your lucky that yours calls once a week! I wish ours did that !

    http://thehomeprocess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do like that he calls, I'm going to let him know though to call my number from now on :) If your PM doesn't call you every week, you should email/call him just for the update, make sure everything is running on time, I'm really excited to meet with ours tomorrow (if he's avaialble) because my parents will be with me and they just built a Ryan so my Dad is going to go over all of the things he wished he could have dicussed with his PM during the process. I think it will be very helpful.

      Delete
  2. MY PM said we *should* meet 3-4 times during the home building process.

    Yeah, definitely have him call you from now on. I noticed when mine called today he blocks his number so you can't blow up his phone and call him a lot. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachael! Our PM initially called my husband for the weekly updates, but like yours he never answers so now he calls me. I have only met with him twice, pre-construction and pre-drywall. But, I text sometimes with questions and he is good about responding.

    If your mom likes Home Goods, you have to take her to Garden Ridge. Have you been there? It is where Wicks Furniture used to be. I went there for the first time yesterday on my lunch break. Awesome! Just think of a warehouse sized Home Goods or Kirklands. They have everything! I could easily spend half a day in there.

    Oh and I was at the site with my realtor Tuesday and I was soooo excited to see the siding! I like how it looks with the Lacava brick.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes@ I love Garden Ridge, we are giong there too! I'm trying to sheild my eyes from all of this decor until we are in the new house :) I said I'm not buying anything until we are in, mainly because it's one more thing we have to move! I bought bedding but, I'm already returning it! The hubs hates it, go figure!!!

      Delete
    2. I am trying to wait too. All I bought was some candy and a book! LOL. I did find the chairs I want for the island, but I need to measure them and make sure they won't be too short or tall. I will probably go back and get those since hubby approved of them! Oh I had to return the first bedspread I bought too because he didn't like it. But yet, he never wants to come with me to shop.

      ~Darla

      Delete
    3. You get lost in GARDEN RIDGE, that place is dangerous too, but I think Home Goods is still better pricing.

      Home Goods is my new addition, I'm glad its 30 min away for me or else i would be in big trouble...

      As far as my PM, I have two of them, I spoke to them a lot, but because I initiated it, we would ask for meetings all the time at the house site and he would always meet us.

      Post build I talk to them even more about stuff!

      Be proactive, when you go to lunch call him or text him, if he doesnt answer then at least he can call you back and leave you a message :) Or mine would call after 5:30 if I asked him to.

      Delete
  4. My PM reach out to me weekly. At our preconstruction meeting it was determined that he would call my number. I have seem him several times since our build. As a matter of fact, outside of when I visit on the weekend, i pretty much see him when I visit the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our PM is only onsite from 7am - 4pm and I work until 4, so when I drive out there no one is around but he did say he would stay late and meet if needed, I guess I just feel guilty asking him to! But i'm taking the opportunity tomorrow to see if he can walk us through, Im' so excited to show my parents our dream home!

      Delete
  5. This is a very touchy subject in our build process because we have no contact with our PM we had pre construction and are supposed to have pre drywall but I am currently trying to demand a meeting sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great question! We were wondering too what the norm was (we're at least 2 months from actual construction). We've met our community PM informally twice while visiting our PM. He seems nice and our SR has mentioned some home buyers who were onsite almost daily.

    ReplyDelete